The vehicle was completely stripped to bare metal. All rust effected sections were removed and replaced with new sections or parts thereof. All joints and repairs are lead loaded (a method used by period car manufacturers instead of fillers) and finished with a layer of modern body finishing.
All brightwork was re-chromed and where necessary replaced.
The vehicle received a full re-spray in Opalescent Silver Grey consisting of:
- one coat of edge primer
- one coat of two pack primer
- two coats of colour base coats
- three coats of clear lacquer
The engine was fully rebuilt including:
- New inlet and exhaust valves
- Main shell bearings
- Big end shell bearings
- Piston rings
- Timing chain
- Oil pump
- Rear oil seal conversion
- Hardened valve seats for the use of unleaded petrol
- A new water pump with reduced diameter pulley wheel
- Stainless steel exhaust with original cast/enamelled manifolds
- A reconditioned lucas alternator
- One additional electric cooling fan with inline thermostat switch
- The original differential (Ratio 3.54:1) with limited slip was also refurbished
The steering and suspension were dismantled, cleaned, stripped and re-painted. Every nut, bolt, bushing and bearing was either reconditioned or replaced with new parts. Polyurethane bushes was used throughout. Four new back springs and shock absorbers and front shock absorbers was fitted. A Harvey Baileys anti-roll bar system (handling kit) was fitted. The original steering column was used which will allow the steering wheel to be adjusted in deeps but not in height.
The original brakes were reconditioned. The brake servo and servo tank were also replaced with new parts and all brake pipes and connections were replaced with new ones.
All new fuel pipes, as well as a new fuel tank and an upgraded SU fuel pump, was fitted.
All pipework (metal and rubber) was replaced with new pipes and the original heating system was restored.
Wheels and Tyres:
- New hubs
- New chrome wire wheels J6.5×15 fitted with Vredestein 205/70 VR 15 96 V
- A basic tool kit and spare wheel was included
Electrical and Instrumentation Work
All electrical and instrumentation work was reconditioned and a new wiring harness with a separate hazard warning light system was fitted as tidy as possible throughout the vehicle. A battery cut off switch was also fitted with a clock bypass. Head lights were fitted to European, i.e. left hand drive specifications. The battery compartment received a special asset absorbing bottom lining.
Interior Trim and Upholstery
The interior of the car was insulated with sound and heat resisting matting. The upholstery was completed in red real leather. High quality fabrics and leathers were used. Alcantara headlining and a black leather dash was also fitted.
Seats were fitted with removable head rests. Period three point seat belts with Jaguar logo were be fitted on both sides. The luggage compartment and centre console was finished in the same leather than the seats and door cards and fitted with chrome luggage strips and new rubber inlays.
Non original upgrades
- Aluminium radiator
- Four pot callipers in front
- Vented front brake discs
- Polyurethane bushings fitted all around
- Stainless steel braided brake hoses and all new brake lines
- Moto-Lita steering wheel as per clients’ specifications
- High torque starter
- Electronic ignition
- Power steering system
- Upgraded heating system